Some interesting facts below on the background of the city for when you are are searching Condos for sale in Coquitlam.
The earliest residents of Coquitlam were the Coast Salish who affectionately called the area “Kwayquilam” which means Salmon in their native tongue. Where the Pitt River and the Fraser meet there is a long history of native salmon harvesting. Towards the end of the 19th century, Fraser Mills was opened by Frank Ross and James McLaren and by 1908 a small community including a post office, hospital, barbershop and more had grown around the mill. In need of more experienced loggers the mill owners recruited Quebeckers in 1909. At the time Coquitlam was the largest Francophone center west of Manitoba. The French language is still heard on the streets and in the homes of this vibrant community today.
Featured New Condo Developments In & Around Coquitlam
Sophora at the Park @ 3038 Glen Drive, Coquitlam, BC
50 Electronic Avenue @ 50 Electronic Avenue, Port Moody, BC
The Grande @ Morrissey Road, Port Moody, BC
COQUITLAM CONDOS FOR SALE BY PRICE RANGE
- COQUITLAM CONDOS FOR SALE $400,000 – $500,000
- COQUITLAM CONDOS FOR SALE $600,000 – $600,000
- COQUITLAM CONDOS FOR SALE $600,000 – $700,000
- COQUITLAM CONDOS FOR SALE $700,000 – $800,000
- COQUITLAM CONDOS FOR SALE $800,000 – $900,000
- COQUITLAM CONDOS FOR SALE $900,000 – $1,000,000
- COQUITLAM CONDOS FOR SALE $1,000,000 +
SEARCH COQUITLAM COMMUNITIES