Central Coquitlam is what you can call Coquitlam’s Downtown Core. It is the area in Coquitlam with the most convenience as it is located near all kinds of shopping, health and beauty salons, schools, churches and the TransCanada Hwy if you need to commute. Here you will find some very beautiful detached homes starting from the mid $500,000’s for a typical sized lot of 5-7,000 sq ft. to over $1,000,000 for a larger newer custom built home on an 8,000 sq ft. lot or larger.
More About Central Coquitlam BC
Central Coquitlam is a very populated area. Everyday someone moves into this area and the real estate market is very strong. If your planning to move here with a family, below is a list of the local schools for your children to attend. Because of the large population here of young families, we highly recommend calling the schools in your catchment before hand, to see if there is room for your children to start in the school year you will be moving in.
- Ecole Maillard Middle School 1300 Rochester Ave. Coquitlam BC (604) 931-3574
- Ecole Rochester Elementary 411 Schoolhouse St. Coquitlam BC (604) 939-4624
- Traditionial Learning Academy 1189 Rochester Ave. Coquitlam BC (604) 931-7265
- Como Lake Middle School 1121 King Albert Ave. Coquitlam BC (604) 936-1451
- Coquitlam Alternate Basic Education 1411 Foster Ave. Coquitlam BC (604) 939-4522
- Sunny Gate Montessori School 450 Joyce St. Coquitlam BC (604) 931-1549
- Lord Baden-Powell Elementary School 450 Joyce St. Coquitlam BC (604) 936-146
- Porter Street Elementary School 782 Porter St. Coquitlam Bc (604) 936-4296
Poirier Sport and Leisure Complex located at 633 Poirier St. Coquitlam, BC (604) 927-6027. This is a larger complex with indoor swimming, fitness facilities, ice arenas and all sorts of multi-purpose rooms for rentals, classes and events. Many community celebrations and special events take place here and is an excellent place to spend time with the kids as they get some healthy exercise and learn to get involved within the community.
For outdoor enthusiast Como Lake Park is located here. This park has views in every season and some fantastic fishing and trails. Throughout the park there is a 1 kilometre loop trail that you can walk or jog through while taking in all the beautiful sights to be seen. The lake environment here is an ecologically sensitive habitat that supports a variety of bird and other species so there is plenty of nature to admire.
SEARCH COQUITLAM COMMUNITIES