Ice Cold Pitchers!
2019 Ice Breaker Tournament:
- Tournament location: Inlet Park; 3000 Block Murray Street Port Moody. Click this link for directions
- SPN Insurance: Must have all your players registered by this Thursday for players to be eligible to play this weekend.
- Supplies: Phil and Ryan will be at the field at 11:00AM on Saturday. Find us for your balls, other warm up gear and the wooden bat..
- Bats: Someone should bring tape for the grip or you can bring gloves for yourself. If the bat breaks, the team must pay $50.00 for a new bat. This money goes to Kid Sports, a local charity. So everyone should bring $5.
- Field Set Up: Saturday morning field set up will be the responsibility of Alcoballics and Brew Crew. Saturday evening take down is the responsibility of Blood, Sweat, and Beers, and Sloppy Mitts. Sunday field setters will be announced Saturday evening. Please watch your emails.
- REMINDER: We play in all weather. Dress appropriately for your games on the weekend. If you cancel it will cost you $50.00 from your team bond per game. If a game is cancelled by a league executive or umpire we will notify you ASAP by phone or WhatsApp.
Schedule for Saturday
Last Updated: 04/ 02/ 19
Tri-Cities Slo-Pitch Rules and Regulations
Ice Breaker Tournament Rules- ARE AVAILABLE TOWARDS BOTTOM
This league follows Slo-pitch National rules:
1. The rules outlined here will supersede or explain SPN rules.
2. Each team must have a copy of the league rules. They shall be
considered official game rules for our league.
3. Team captains are required to know the rules and should review them with their team
members prior to all games.
- If a player is ejected from a game they will not be allowed to play in the subsequent game (not limited to a single day).
- All players must be 18 years or older
- Players on the field will not be allowed to wear any type of electronic device.
- Slo-Pitch National strongly recommends that all players wear protective equipment whileplaying both defensive and offensive positions. Protective equipment, including masks,headwear, catchers’ equipment and soccer style shin guards, may be used by all playersin any Slo-Pitch National sanctioned event.
- Players and fans who broadcast amplified sound or music through any type of electronic system during the game, including between innings must reduce the level of sound or turn the device completely off when requested due to safety concerns for all participants.
a. Effect: For a first offense the violator should be warned that to repeat the offense will cause prompt ejection from the game. All flagrant offenses (including a first offense) will be cause for the offender to be immediately removed from the game and playing area. An ejected player must leave the park immediately.
9. The mercy rule (12 runs) is in effect after five or more complete innings (or four and a half innings, if the home team has scored the 12 runs to mercy).
- The mercy rule applies after 4-1/2, 5, 5-1/2,6, etc.
- The home team must have as many opportunities to bat (to tie or win the game)as the visiting team.
- In any inning where the mercy rule applies, a team is allowed to score enoughruns to bring them inside the run spread. (example: A team that trails by 20 runs in the 5th inning will be allowed to score up to 7 runs to get inside the 12-run rule.)
10. After 70 min of play the umpire will call “we will finish this inning and play one more which will be open”, unless a full 7 innings has been played. Then the 7th inning is open.
11. No new inning will start after 80 min (1 hr 20).
a. If a game reaches the 80 min mark and an opening has not been played the score will be that of the last inning played.
12. All games must start from the scheduled game start time. If the game starts late that
time will be deducted from the overall time.
a. If a team is:
ii. Has not set up the field in time
● A team may borrow a player for the full game so long as that
player is active on the SPN roster of the borrowing team. As well the borrowed player must be in a lower division.
b. A 15 min grace period will be observed.
i. If the home team is the offender they will lose home field advantage.
Last Updated: 04/ 02/ 19
c. At the end of the 15 min grace period the game will be written as a forfeit.
13. All innings have a 5 run maximum with the exception of the last inning which is open.14. Maximum number of players on the field is 10.
- There must be 6 men and 4 women and no less than 9 players of which 4 must be women.
- The Batting order requires that at all times, no more than two men may bat consecutively.
i. Batting order must contain a min of 33.33% (1/3) female batters (with 12 players a team must have 4 females & 8 males, with 13 players a team must have 5 females & 8 males etc.)
c. Teams have the option to have women bat more frequently in the order. All
players must bat.
d. Players for the year end tournament must have played 6 games during the regular season. *
15. Height limit for pitches is 6 feet to 12 feet.
a. A pitch is considered a strike if it lands on home plate or the strike mat.
16. Base distance is 65 feet.
17. A Shoe shall be considered legal if it is made with either leather or canvas uppers or
- The soles may have soft or hard rubber cleats or replaceable cleats, provided they meet all the legal requirements.
- The use of shoes with metal cleats, exposed metal, or toe pieces is prohibited.
- Shoe sole or heel projections other than the standard shoe plate are prohibited.
- The all-purpose molded plastic cleat softball shoe is legal.
- Shoes must be worn by all players and coaches on the diamond.
18. No stealing or lead-offs allowed.
a. No anticipation step is allowed. If a base runner loses contact with the base before a batted ball the base runner is out.
19. The Batter is out if he hits a foul ball or foul tip after two strikes.
a. Foul tip is any tipped ball that is caught by the catcher (with no min height).
20. Bunting is only allowed by females.
a. If a female tries to bunt with 2 strikes, and the ball rolls foul the batter is out and the play is dead.
21. Sliding is permitted at 2nd and 3rd bases only.
a. Sliding into 1st or home bases is strictly prohibited and will be called out.b. A player deliberately trying to injure another will be kicked out of the game.
Umpire’s call is final.
22. Females cannot be thrown out at first base on a hit that makes it out of the infield (unless it is relayed through an infielder).
23. THE COMMITMENT LINE is drawn 20 feet from front corner of the home plate (corner closest to third base) and perpendicular to the third base line and shall extend a
minimum of 6 feet or more from the baseline into foul territory.
- There is to be no sliding while attempting to touch and/or cross the commitment line at any time.
- A base runner who touches the COMMITMENT LINE or makes contact with the ground past the COMMITMENT LINE with any part of the body between third base and home plate must continue on towards the scoring line (at home plate).
c. A base runner may be tagged out between the commitment line and the scoring line.
Last Updated: 04/ 02/ 19
24. THE SCORING LINE is drawn from corner “1” of the original home plate (corner closest to the third base) and perpendicular to the third base line and shall extend a minimum of 6 feet or more from the base line into foul territory.
- There is to be no sliding while attempting to touch and/or cross the scoring line at any time.
- A base runner may be tagged out between the commitment line and the scoring line.
- All base runners attempting to score a run must do so by touching the SCORING LINE with one foot or by placing one foot on the ground past the SCORING LINE in foul territory, in order for it to be counted as a run.
- Runners are out if they touch home plate or cross over home plate in fair
territory, whether a play is made or not.
25. Courtesy runners may be used at any base.
- Only after the batter has reached 1st base safely and time is called.
- A max of 3 courtesy runners are allowed per game.
- The courtesy runner can be anyone listed on the lineup card and the samerunner cannot be used more than once per game.
26. If a batter is walked he\she must take their base.
27. If a male batter followed by a female batter is walked, intentionally or otherwise (4 balls
no strikes), he will be awarded first and second bases, the female must bat.
a. If the following female is not in the batting circle (or around the circle or has not made the umpire and pitch aware she is up next) at the time of the first pitch, 2 bases will not be awarded to a male batter.
- A fly ball that is hit to right field (Inlet south and north field) and makes contact (while in the air) with the netting is still in play if it flies over it is a Home Run. If the Ball get hung up on the netting a double will be awarded.
- A fair or foul ball shall be judged according to the position of the ball, relative to the FOUL LINES including the FOUL POLE, and not whether the fielder is on or over either
fair or foul territory, at the time the ball is first touched. (Foul Lines and Foul Poles are in fair territory).
- When a batted ball passes out of the field over a fence, the umpire shall declare it fair or foul, according to the position of the ball, as it leaves the playing field.
- When a batted ball hits any object including a fielder and is ruled a fair ball under the above rules, it is always treated as a fair ball regardless of what happens to the ball, or where it may subsequently settle or land. A fly ball landing beyond first or third base is judged at point of the first contact.
30. GAME ATTIRE must be worn on the field and in the dugouts during game play.
a. Game attire must include, at a minimum, shorts and either a jersey, shirt, or tank top, for both males and females. Sports bras will not qualify as a jersey, shirt, or tank top.
31. See SPN website for a list of approved bats.
a. All bats must possess an approved stamp.
- Any team that is unable to field a team at the scheduled game time will be assessed a fine of $50
- Any team that is unable to field a team for a scheduled game, has until Friday 8pm to cancel their game or that team will be fined $50.
i. An email must be sent to the Commissioner and the opposing team.
Last Updated: 04/ 02/ 19
c. Any team that does not return the field keys at the year end will not be allowed to participate in the year end tournament and will be charged the cost of rekeying all locks ($200)
d. Any fines that are outstanding at the time of the year end tournament will cause the offending team to forfeit their right to play.
33. Umpire feedback must be submitted to the online form.
a. No verbal feedback will be acted upon.
34. Team line up cards must be presented to the umpire at the beginning of the game
a. First and last names must be on the card
35. Team rosters must be sent in to the executive by April 12th
a. Roster may be changed up to July 1st
i. All changes must be emailed to the executive.
b. After July 1st no roster changes will be allowed unless approved by the executive (only under extenuating circumstances.
Ice Breaker Tournament (Wood Bat Tourney)
All the above rules will apply accept:
- After 45 min of play the umpire will call “we will finish this inning and play one more which will be open”, unless a full 7 innings has been played. Then the 7th inning is open.
- No new inning will start after 60 min.
- All batters start with the count 2 Balls and 1 strike.
- Each team will be giving 1 wood bat to start the tournament.
- If that bat is broken a new bat will need to be purchased ($50) to continue the tournament.
- The money from that purchase is donated to Kid Sport.
c. No outside bats may be used for this tournament.
Last Updated: 04/ 02/ 19